Recently, Google brought senior marketers & agency leaders together to discuss priorities, challenges, goals, & product roadmaps. This is what we heard:
Google is investing heavily into knowledge & computing advancements
- AI & Multimodality: MULTISEARCH with text, image, & camera to inform results.
- Ambient Computing: SEAMLESS EXPERIENCES across every device. OS, etc.
- AR: Google Lens helps Search; GLASSES will transform information around us.
Privacy is at the core. My Ad Center is accessible to all to control PII / ad experiences.
Expect more from Chrome’s Privacy Sandbox, e.g. Topics API, for audience activation.
The future is modeled, consented, and driven by 1st party data
- Connect: Onboard 1PD to activate and measure; complement with feeds.
- Innovate: Automation, FRICTIONLESS COMMERCE, & AUDIENCE TARGETING IN CTV
- Experiment: With cookie challenges in a privacy-centric world, BRANDS MUST TEST AND LEARN cookieless solutions to build confidence now.
… all underpinned by privacy-forward solutions within GMP & Google Cloud. GA4 is purpose-built with a “consent first” approach.
Overheard: Media buyers have mixed feelings about Google Ads PerformanceMax (PMax) campaigns, which automate media fluidly across Google O&O. Control is limited, yet PMaxDR results have been strong. Expect PMax to be a Google focus with A/B testing, insights, and brand awareness optimization on the way. PMax is coming to GMP: SA360 soon, DV360 TBD.
YouTube is the main stream
- Reach: YouTube is #1 in CTV with 50% of ad supported streaming viewership
- YOUTUBE SHORTS are growing exponentially; VERTICAL TIKTOK-LIKE VIDEOS
- Performance: Improvements in SHOPPABLE VIDEO ADS; 23%+ ROI vs TV in MMM?
“YouTube makes a compelling case to be the starting point of multi-screen video planning, powered by industry-leading reach on relevant, suitable, and shoppable video content, with privacy-forward addressability and measurement.”
Overheard: Senior marketers need help proving the value of branding to earn more budget.