Associate Director, Digital Media Solutions
Location: New York
Napkyn is a fully accredited Google Marketing Platform (GMP) sales partner. We help brands build stronger digital connections with consumers through nimble and strategic engagement models, providing advertising and data strategy, training, technology design and hands-on campaign management.
As a Kepler Group company now merged with ADVZ (pronounced “advise”), Napkyn draws from Kepler’s strategic, technology-and data-driven marketing expertise to provide world-class Google marketing support.
The Napkyn team is guided by Kepler Group’s values:
- Kepler Group prides itself on being a great place to work. In fact, we’re proud to share that AdAge just recognized Kepler as a ‘Best Place to Work” for 2022, validating our investment in our team and our clients.
- We’re transparent with our employees. You’ll hear updates on company financials, how we’re performing against bonus goals, and how we’re responding to challenges we face.
- We’re growing. For you, that means unparalleled growth opportunities and a role in shaping the direction of the company.
- We’re fun, authentic, empathetic, and ever-in-motion. You’ll work with and learn from the smartest people in the industry and have a blast doing it.
- We’re human. You’ll have an option to join Employee Resource Groups, DEI initiatives, and altruism efforts to bring positive societal impact.
Digital Media Solutions Team Summary:
Within Napkyn, the Digital Media Solutions (DMS) team is purpose-built to provide streamlined GMP setup, technical support, training, and campaign design & optimization. This includes a mix of self-service clients – for whom we primarily provide advisory services, and managed-service clients – for whom we provide hands-on campaign management. Our media approach is based on longstanding Napkyn best practices and IP transferred from Kepler, which runs over $1 billion in media per year for some of the world’s most iconic brands. You will play a central role in developing and upskilling a team of US-based direct reports, with potential support from team members in Costa Rica, Canada or other countries as Napkyn’s office network and resource mix continues to evolve.
You will directly influence how we develop and execute a highly scalable managed service model, featuring high levels of standardization, automation, and repeatable frameworks. You may also influence our offerings related to data governance consulting, client training, and self-service licensing.
Top Priorities of this Role – the 5 Ps:
- PROCESS: Collaborate with leaders and teammates to create an operational “machine” to efficiently and effectively service GMP at scale, including billing/finance, project management, campaign execution, and client management.
- PEOPLE: Lead and nurture a client delivery team, help us design a scaled managed service media model that integrates analytics and tech services.
- PLATFORM PERFORMANCE: Collaborate with colleagues within Platform Solutions to ensure best-in-class business practices across media planning, buying, reporting, insight generation, and optimization.
- PLANNING: You will partner with clients to understand their business goals and marketing objectives, and then develop and execute strategic plans that deliver on those objectives. You will also lead collaboration and communications with senior clients and be accountable for client success.
- PROMOTION: Support Napkyn’s leadership status within the industry, including company sales and marketing efforts, as well as documentation of Tech Maturity Projects for Google.
- Become expert in all things related to Google Marketing Platform, from a strategic use case perspective to a certified standard of technical proficiency, leveraging Google programmatic media tools for maximum impact – primarily via DV360, CM360, and SA360, with a growing importance of understanding Google Cloud (including Ads Data Hub & Big Query) and Google Analytics 360 (GA4).
- Help develop processes for onboarding new clients, including team responsibilities, legal, billing.
- Work with Napkyn clients and understand their business goals, marketing objectives, and competitive constraints.
- Help your team think through defining media strategy and translating that to effective media buying and ad operations.
- Help build and define reporting and analytics offerings, collaborating with the Analytics & Tech team.
- Define and manage how the team monitors client campaign performance – expect more help from an account manager lead as the team grows
- Inform development of specialized tools (KIP or otherwise) with the Marketing Systems Strategy team, automating processes and techniques to support this new streamlined service approach
- Develop strong relationships with GMP technical support and platform partnership teams, providing product and service layer feedback.
- Manage a team of Napkyn’s Managed Service media support staff in US (and CR/CA as applicable), while also supporting Kepler teams on Google inquiries and thought leadership
- 3 – 6+ years of experience in digital advertising media account management or consulting, including programmatic campaigns, driven by data and technology
- Preferably expertise working with or planning within the Google Marketing Platform: Search Ads 360, Campaign Manager, Display & Video 360, Google Analytics 360, Google Cloud
- A hunger to help build the foremost Google Marketing Platform partner in the world
- Passion for process innovation and streamlining
- Interest in building an efficiency-driven, rather than strategy-driven, client service model
- Strong organizational skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to build relationships, work well with partners and teammates
- Comfort with ambiguity; a desire to trailblaze
- Strong analytical skills; must be comfortable with MS Excel, data analysis, and internet technologies
- Excellent listening, presentation, business writing, and communication skills
- Effective time management skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to contribute to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-based environment
- Deep knowledge of modern marketer’s needs for data-driven marketing
Protect yourself from recruitment fraud. The only way to apply for a position at Napkyn is by submitting a direct application via the napkyn.com website or working with a recruiter employed by Napkyn with a @napkyn.com email address. Learn how to stay safe by clicking here
Please note that, at this time and for this position, we cannot accommodate long term future sponsorship needs for US work authorization but can accommodate OPT STEM extensions. Please note in your application, if you fall under this category.