Location: Napkyn Analytics Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Full time
Napkyn Analytics is one of the largest dedicated digital analytics consultancies in North America. We work with marketing, IT, operations and finance executives at some of the most prominent brands on the web to help them strategically implement digital analytics and report on digital performance against c-level business objectives.
We’re growing. Having been awarded a prestigious place on Canada’s PROFIT 500 list for three consecutive years and recently named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, we are a Premier Google Marketing Platform Solution Partner globally and a respected leader in enterprise analytics.
We’re curious, tenacious, and grittily persistent, but we also value panache – that quality of enthusiastic irreverence and creativity that makes our talented team so unique. We’re a service organization. Whether we’re contributing to local disaster relief efforts and fundraising initiatives or partnering with our clients to deliver best-in-class results, we’re focused on how we can collaborate to do great things.
We take pride in the bleeding-edge work that we do and the success we bring to our clients, and we’re looking for a top-notch Resource Manager to join our team.
As a Resource Manager, you are the driving force behind ensuring we have the right resources assigned at the right time to deliver amazing work for our clients. You leverage your expertise and your ability to collaborate within and across teams to maximize the utilization of the Napkyn team today and for the future. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you work in partnership with Napkyn’s business development, client experience, project management, and service delivery colleagues to plan for and staff Napkyn engagements. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, you know how to manage multiple projects and competing demands in a professional services business.
A natural planner and problem solver, you are set apart by your ability to iterate to develop a solid resource plan that may start with limited concrete information and many assumptions, to increasing clarity over time. Your passion for detail and efficiency in process and workflow allow you to quickly build trust with all stakeholders and ensure we deliver high-value projects profitably.
Optimize Resource Utilization
- Proactively provide leadership with a forward view of resource capacity, including booked and forecasted work
- Work cross-functionally to identify and plan for billable client engagements
- Plan for and monitor non-billable (utilized) assignments
- Work with business leaders on headcount needs and recruitment
Staff Napkyn Engagements and Projects
- Lead standing and ad-hoc resource planning meetings to identify staffing needs, and be accountable for follow up actions
- Perform week-to-week and day-to-day resource administration in Napkyn’s Professional Services Automation (PSA) system
- Maintain an accurate view of resource availability including out of office/vacation time
- Resolve staffing conflicts in a timely way
- Maintain an up-to-date resume/bio database and skills matrix, and provide support to business development and client experience teams for client proposals
- Project manage internal Napkyn projects
Support Efficient Operations
- Develop a deep expertise in Napkyn’s PSA technology, and define and document relevant best practices
- Refine and document resource management processes to maximize efficiency
- Ensure PSA settings (eg job role, cost rate, utilization targets) are accurate and maintained for new and existing employees
- Report to leadership on trending (YTD) utilization stats (actual and forecast), and quarterly utilization results
- Monitor individual and group utilization stats against targets
- Provide consistent initial setup for new engagements (job folder structure, templates, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of resource management principles, techniques, tools, and methodologies to client-facing services projects
- Proven ability to prioritize and balance projects, tasks, and stakeholder groups
- Results-oriented, with a track record of successful resource management execution and a proven ability to report on resource capacity and utilization
- Comfort and experience managing waterfall and agile/ad hoc projects
- Adaptable and flexible, comfortable with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communications
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Digital marketing or analytics experience an asset (Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics)
- Post-Secondary Education (or equivalent experience) in a discipline such as Business Administration, Project Management, Resource Planning, or other relevant fields.
- 3+ years of proven experience in resource management or project management role in professional services
- Computer proficiency in Google Suite and/or MS Office applications, along with the ability to quickly learn new applications
- Familiarity with tools such as Mavenlink and Basecamp an asset