Location: Napkyn Analytics Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Full time
Napkyn Analytics is one of the largest dedicated digital analytics consultancies in North America. We work with marketing, IT, and finance executives at some of the most prominent brands on the web to help them strategically implement digital analytics and report on digital performance against c-level business objectives.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for ensuring our projects and long term programs are delivered on time and within the agreed scope. At Napkyn Analytics, this involves much more than managing project plans. In addition to working with Team Leads to help manage the day-to-day activities undertaken by our delivery teams and client operational stakeholders, you are also responsible for helping to manage internal operations for capacity planning, estimations, time tracking, and team coordination, as well as ensuring internal data is properly maintained to answer larger business questions that have to do with the efficiency of our teams against client and executive requirements. This is both an internal role and a client facing role for communicating project progress.
You report to the Project Management Lead, and work collaboratively with Napkyn Account Teams for each client to fulfill your responsibilities.
What sets you apart is a thorough eye for detail, business acumen, written and verbal communication skills, and experience working in a client-facing role.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Project Management Lead to oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific short-term and long-term projects from inception to completion. Responsibilities include a broad variety of tasks, such as organizing and managing plans for all phases of a project, guiding and performing project analysis, proactively managing resources scheduling across all accounts assigned, and helping to facilitate end-to-end project delivery, on time and on budget, while meeting organizational and client expectations.
Key duties and responsibilities include
- Developing and ensuring execution of project plans, goals, and budgets
- Identifying resources needs, and developing and maintaining short-term and forecasted work schedules for all project resources
- Working alongside the Account Managers and Project Coordinators to ensure the successful execution of projects
- Proactively monitoring projects for significant plan and risk deviations and develop contingency/escalation plans
- Communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical professionals
- Facilitating and using appropriate project management processes, tools and techniques
Opportunities for role growth:
- Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project documentation on accomplishments, deliverables, and milestones against project drivers
- Contributing to team communities of practice, foster continuous improvement and sharing of best practices
- Practical knowledge of project management techniques, tools, methodologies and best practices
- Great adaptability to change and flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and balance different stakeholder groups
- Practical knowledge of risk management techniques and quality assurance control
- Strong drive for action, results oriented
- Ability to coordinate and direct effective meetings with a variety of audiences
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects, and deal with changing priorities and ambiguity
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- 3+ years of proven experience leading and managing multiple parallel projects of various sizes, preferably in an IT setting
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in a discipline such as Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and processes, from conception to delivery
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications, along with ability to quickly learn new applications
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Accreditation/PRINCE Certification a significant asset
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp, JIRA) an asset