Marketing Data Scientist
Location: Napkyn Analytics Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Full time permanent position
Napkyn Analytics is one of the largest dedicated digital analytics consultancies in North America. We work with marketing, IT, operations and finance executives at some of the most prominent brands on the web to help them strategically implement digital analytics and report on digital performance against c-level business objectives.
In this role, you will work with our data science team and business partners/clients to identify business opportunities, and impact the strategy of Marketing by building robust machine learning models and analytical solutions, delivering data-driven insights, generating actionable recommendations in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, deploy and manage statistical and predictive models/ tools for analysis and data science work.
- Design and deploy statistical or machine learning models to understand and predict consumer behavior, marketing attribution, customer lifetime value or sales forecasts.
- Identify business needs and create business/functional design documents which can be used to build analysis and data models for our clients.
- Research, prototype, and explore the most recent machine learning techniques to push the limits of current analysis output.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud ‘big data’ technologies.
- Possess a strong work ethic; take pride in producing a quality product and a strong team player.
- Participate and engage in pilot exercises with selected customers.
- Proficiency with SQL, R, Python and an experience working with cloud environments.
- Design, build and validate Data Science models, such as recommendation engines, multi-touch attribution, segmentation and similar models.
- Ability to identify and resolve performance and data quality issues
- Practical Experience with Google marketing tools (Google Cloud Platform, Google Analytics, Data Studio, BigQuery) is a definite plus.
- Client-facing skills, providing quantitative/qualitative data analyses, recommendations and presentations to clients.
- Master’s/PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms and hands-on experience in developing and deploying end to end predictive models including ETL, data manipulation (data exploration, visualization and engineering), feature selection and model evaluation.
$80K – $100K based on level of experience/knowledge.