Location: Napkyn Analytics Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Full time
Napkyn Analytics is one of the largest dedicated digital analytics consultancies in North America. We work with marketing, IT, operations and finance executives at some of the most prominent brands on the web to help them strategically implement digital analytics and report on digital performance against c-level business objectives.
As our Finance Manager, you own the finance function for the Napkyn group of companies. Reporting to the Executive Team, this role will require you to alternate focus between cross functional corporate initiatives and ensuring that financial transactions are properly processed and captured. A typical day may include reporting on cash flow, working with the operational team to report on weekly earnings and execute invoicing, following up on outstanding accounts receivable, and setting a new customer up in our systems.
A skilled communicator, you are set apart by your ability to move easily from tactics to strategies, and to translate financial reporting into the language of ‘non-finance’ users who provide inputs to our forecasting and use your analysis to capture revenue more efficiently. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves, learn our business, and bring forward ideas to improve our processes and outcomes.
- Planning and Analysis: Preparation and support of annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process. Support of information required for corporate KPI and KBO. Analytical support on special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Reporting: Preparation of monthly financial package including consolidated statements for three entities. Support and preparation of quarterly financial review for Executive Team. Preparation of annual working papers and SRED information for external accountants and tax advisors.
- Processing: Maintenance of all day to day records including payroll, accounts receivable processing and collection, accounts payable processing, revenue recognition, currency management including hedging, cash management, banking, intercompany, HST reporting and compliance, fixed asset ledger maintenance, monthly reconciliations and working paper preparation, and other day to day functions as required.
- Administration: Provide support for contracts reviews, insurance and benefits programs, policy documentation and other functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with senior management and customer account leaders
- Post-Secondary Education (or equivalent experience) in a discipline such as Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior accounting or financial management roles
- CPA designation or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Experience with professional services industry considered an asset
- Must have strong skills in Excel and QuickBooks
- Computer proficiency in Google suite and/or MS Office applications