Analytics Implementation Specialist (Intermediate)
Location: Napkyn Analytics Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Full time
Napkyn Analytics is one of the largest dedicated digital analytics consultancies in North America. We work with marketing, IT, operations and finance executives at some of the most prominent brands on the web to help them strategically implement digital analytics and report on digital performance against c-level business objectives.
We’re growing. Having been awarded a prestigious place on Canada’s PROFIT 500 list for three consecutive years, we continue to be a Premier Google Marketing Platform Solution Partner globally and a respected leader in enterprise analytics.
We’re curious, tenacious, and grittily persistent, but we also value panache – that quality of enthusiastic irreverence and creativity that makes our talented team so unique. We’re a service organization. Whether we’re contributing to local disaster relief efforts and fundraising initiatives or partnering with our clients to deliver best-in-class results, we’re focused on how we can collaborate to do great things.
We take pride in the bleeding-edge work that we do and the success we bring to our clients, and we’re looking for a top-notch Analytics Implementation Specialist to join our team.
As an Analytics Implementation Specialist, you understand a client’s business and marketing requirements for digital measurement and translate them into sophisticated guides to help IT and development teams strategically implement enterprise-wide digital analytics and tag management solutions. This involves consulting IT departments and senior executive stakeholders, guiding them through implementation recommendations, performing exacting quality assurance on implementations, and providing training and ongoing services for their long term success.
You are a developer at heart, but you understand the results that an enterprise business is looking to achieve to measure and report on digital performance. This means you welcome collaboration with Digital Analyst, Customer Success, and Project Management teams to develop end-to-end solutions for our customers. It also means you engage in continuous professional development to evolve your craft, with the direct support and guidance of your Analytics Implementation Team Lead.
LEAD THE CHARGE ON DEPLOYING WORLD CLASS IMPLEMENTATIONS OF WEB MEASUREMENT TOOLS:
- Deploy web measurement tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Develop the implementation guides for analytics tool deployment
- Provide support on analytics and implementation for Napkyn analysts with root-cause analysis of issues and interruptions in measurement for our clients
- Provide recommendations on adoption of new tools and features as appropriate to client needs
- Serve as a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies within the web analytics space
- Assist in improving the usability, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of our clients’ web analytics tooling deployments
- Assist in evaluating the size and scope of customer problems as well as helping to determine a successful resolution
PERFORM SITE-WIDE AUDITS OF EXISTING ANALYTICS IMPLEMENTATIONS:
- Lead the team with site-wide audits of existing analytics implementations against web measurement best practices and create implementation recommendations for improvement
- Develop web measurement best practices and on-site technology requirements to generate high quality, easily-understood implementation guides for on-site deployments of Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Interact directly with Analyst, Project Management, Client Management and IT personnel to ensure smooth implementation of recommendations
- Engage business and technical team stakeholders for feedback and validation
SERVE AS AN ANALYTICS TOOL EVANGELIST:
- Collaborate with the services and leadership teams to actively assist in improving the usability, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of our clients’ web analytics tool deployments
- Actively focus on the future-proofing, scalability, and ease of maintenance in all solutions
- Provide recommendations on adoption of new tools and features as appropriate to the client’s needs
- Work closely with the Analyst Team to address the root cause of any identified measurement issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytics implementation, tag management or web development role
- Familiar with web analytics in general, including terminology and best practices
- Familiar with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics in particular
- Experience building or maintaining websites, especially in e-commerce
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Team player, supportive of a collaborative team environment and culture
Napkyn Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants in all aspects of the selection process.