Director of Operations
Location: Napkyn Analytics Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Full time
Napkyn Analytics is one of the largest dedicated digital analytics consultancies in North America. We work with marketing, IT, operations and finance executives at some of the most prominent brands on the web to help them strategically implement digital analytics and report on digital performance against c-level business objectives.
We’re growing. Having been awarded a prestigious place on Canada’s PROFIT 500 list for three consecutive years, we continue to be a leading Google Marketing Platform Solution Partner globally and a respected leader in enterprise analytics.
We’re curious, tenacious, and grittily persistent, but we also value panache – that quality of enthusiastic irreverence and creativity that makes our talented team so unique. We’re a service organization. Whether we’re contributing to local disaster relief efforts and fundraising initiatives or partnering with our clients to deliver best-in-class results, we’re focused on how we can collaborate to do great things.
We take pride in the bleeding-edge work that we do and the success we bring to our clients, and we’re looking for a top-notch Director of Operations to lead our team in flawlessly executing for our clients.
The Director of Operations is a newly defined role that is pivotal to scaling our operations. It provides leadership, direction, and management to the delivery of consistently high-quality professional technical services by Napkyn, with a focus on operational planning, governance and evaluation of service delivery performance to support the achievement of objectives. Your guidance helps shape the strategic direction for the delivery of services.
As Director of Operations, you are essential to the execution of high-level non-client facing initiatives, sharing best practices from industry with the service delivery team. Your expert guidance and domain experience are critical to the up-leveling of the capabilities of the service delivery team, which currently includes two managers and up to 10 individual contributors, and to the adoption of new technologies, techniques, and processes.
Reporting to the President, you are ultimately responsible for the timeliness and quality of all delivered work assets at Napkyn, as well as adherence to the accuracy of all work management systems and processes. Your responsibilities include attention to and optimization of key performance indicators for the service delivery team. Along with the Director of Revenue, you are jointly responsible for project delivery, value delivered against customer statements of work and success of the Napkyn Services business. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, supporting client teams remotely, and moving quickly across clients and projects.
Your depth of experience, passion for digital, and readiness for evolution allow you to quickly build trust. Focused on the big picture, you are set apart by your ability to craft and communicate strategic visions to executive stakeholders as well as operational contacts and internal teams.
- Take operational leadership of all delivery of service within Napkyn
- Direct ownership on the timeliness of delivery on approved work
- Direct ownership of QA/Customer Acceptance of completed work
- Direct ownership of delivery of customer-facing technical strategy and delivery-related communications
- Coordinate senior and strategic direction to service delivery team in the execution of their tasks
- Act as a point of escalation for critical customer and internal issues
- Own execution of high-level non-client facing initiatives
- Support the creation and delivery of relevant proposals to existing and new accounts
- Active relationship building across the Napkyn organization including a partnership with the Director of Revenue
- Mentor, coach, and actively develop the service delivery team
- Represent best practices and support commercialization of offerings representing the future of measurement inside Napkyn
- Active engagement in marketing activities including speaking, education, and training
- Ability to travel, including internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong operational capabilities
- Ability to translate technical strategies to statements of business value
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly, including learning industries, clients, and audiences
- Strong communicator, interfacing easily at the senior executive level and with more tactical stakeholders; able to move from written to oral communications
- Strong written and oral communications, with experience in delivering thought leadership through channels including webinars and presentations
- Proven ability to scale a technical services team
- Experience in digital marketing or analytics (Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics), expertise at working with these tools as a practitioner a definite plus
- Adaptable and flexible
- Post-Secondary Education (or equivalent experience) in a discipline such as Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Computer Science, IT Systems, or other relevant fields
- 15 years of experience, including 5+ years managing technical teams delivering against multiple concurrent client engagements in a senior role
- Computer proficiency in Google Suite, along with the ability to quickly learn new applications
Napkyn Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants in all aspects of the selection process.