Analytics Implementation Specialist
Location: Remote – USA or Canada
Position: Full time
Napkyn Analytics is a digital analytics consultancy that works with some of the top brands on the web – to collect, integrate and analyze data to support executives making critical business decisions. We are the secret weapon that enables the data-driven executive and enterprise. The work we do for our customers translates into decisions that result in intentional business outcomes and value.
As an 11-year-old company we have grown – three consecutive years on the Profit 500 – through retention and referrals from delivering consistently great work, and a deep strategic partnership as a global Premier Google Marketing Platform Solution Partner . Our industry reputation and visibility are much greater than you would expect from a team of 20.
Napkyn is embarking on the next stage of growth. Combining our expertise, reputation and increasing market need for data analytics to expand the team and services we offer. To support this next stage of growth we are making an investment in our Customer & Partner Success team to facilitate that growth.
Napkyn Analytics is looking for an experienced front-end developer with experience implementing analytics code and tracking solutions. Must have experience with Google Tag Manager, priority given to candidates with knowledge of the Google Marketing Platform and Google Cloud Platform.
As part of the Customer & Partner Success team, you will provide guidance and support for deploying world-class implementations of web measurement tools for our customers. Additionally you will perform site-wide audits of existing analytics implementations and align with business requirements as part of a cross-functional team. You will assist in improving the usability and overall effectiveness of our clients’ web analytics tool deployments. You will be able to create test cases and QA complex work.
We are looking for a strong and inquisitive front-end developer that enjoys using their skills to deliver solutions to help our clients in their analytics journey. This role is a blend of hands-on development and supporting our clients with strong written and presentation skills, business acumen, an inherent curiosity and desire to know the truth, and strong time management skills. What makes you competitive is your ability to communicate your technical expertise and understanding of analytics implementation and tag management solutions like Google Tag Manager.
- Lead the team with site-wide audits of existing analytics implementations against web measurement best practices and create implementation recommendations for improvement
- Deploy web measurement tools such as Google Analytics
- Provide support on analytics and implementation issues for Napkyn analysts with root-cause analysis of issues and interruptions in measurement for our clients
- Provide recommendations on adoption of new tools and features as appropriate to client needs
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the latest trends and technologies within the web analytics space
- Assist in improving the usability, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of our clients’ web analytics tooling deployments
- Troubleshooting customer problems as well as helping to determine a successful resolution
- Estimating scope and effort of projects
- Develop web measurement best practices and on-site technology requirements to generate high quality, easily-understood implementation guides for on-site deployments of Google Analytics
- Actively participate in an account service role
- Perform client-facing tasks such as presenting insights or providing training
- Work with internal and external teams to identify areas of opportunity to grow, increase profitability, and optimize program effectiveness
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to foster data-driven strategy and execution
- Engage business and technical team stakeholders for requirements gathering
- Actively focus on the future-proofing, scalability, and ease of maintenance in all solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with tagging technologies such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten
- Experience in developing automated tools (design and coding in any language)
- Knowledge of dataLayers and databases (preferably cloud databases)
- Experience building or maintaining websites, especially in e-commerce
- Hands-on experience with web analytics in general, including terminology and best practices
Napkyn Analytics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants in all aspects of the selection process.